FINANCE MANAGER / FINANCE CONTROLLER
With an exciting and busy year ahead Futuresound Events Ltd are looking to take a hands on, enthusiastic financial controller/ Finance manager to contribute to the growth and development of the overall Futuresound Group. Reporting to the director and managing a team of 2 people you will be responsible for the day to day function of the accounts department. The role covers 5 limited companies which include 2 bars, 2 events companies with annual music festivals, a record label and a ticketing company.
The role will be full time (Mon to Fri) with the potential for flexible working if needed. The salary on offer is negotiable.
· Producing monthly management accounts with analysis for the directors and department heads.
· Balance sheet management/ reconciliations.
· End of year accounts and liaising with external accountants.
· Accounting advice and development to other team members and the wider business.
· Assist the MD and the board of directors with decision making based on financial analysis and forecast.
· Financial planning and analysis - focusing on margin, cost and profit across the Group.
· Cash flow forecasting and overall management of cash position.
· Event profit and loss analysis.
· Managing external relationships such as the bank, HMRC etc.
· Payroll processing and PAYE reporting.
· Prepare and submit the VAT returns.
· Prepare and submit the FEU returns.
· Motivate/ Train and develop the team members.
· Improving processes and making existing ones more efficient.
· Hands on approach.
· Budget preparation.
· Overseeing and maintaining all ledgers on sage.
· Maintaining monthly inter-company balances and reconciling transactions.
You will be a qualified accountant with substantial financial accounting and financial control experience, who has led a team through a year end process in the past. Additionally, you will need to demonstrate awareness across not only financial accounting, but the wider management reporting and support teams as well.
· Sage 50 experience
· Professional qualification
· Excellent people management skills
· Good Microsoft office skills
· Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a finance team at a semi – senior level.
· Music industry knowledge/ experience would be beneficial.
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply please send your CV and a Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org